Featured News about Transgender
- An incisive and moving reflection on women who transition and then detransition: Crashchaoscats, “Women Transition,” August 2015.
- A refreshing critique of “the language that a growing number of trans individuals insist on, the notions of femininity that they’re articulating, and their disregard for the fact that being a woman means having accrued certain experiences…”:
Elinor Burkett, “What Makes a Woman?,” New York Times, June 6, 2015.
- Julian Vigo interviews Janice Raymond in CounterPunch about her views on transgender: Julian Vigo, “Dispelling Fictions and Disrupting Hashtags,” CounterPunch, August 25, 2014.
- Read about the debate on transgenderism in The New Yorker interviews with several radical feminists and others who identify as transgender: Michelle Goldberg, “What Is a Woman?,” The New Yorker, August 4, 2014.
- Janice Raymond Speaks Out Against Trans Propaganda
- Was Janice Raymond Right?
Featured News about Prostitution, Trafficking, and the Global Sex Trade
- Pat Hynes, “Girl Soldiers: the Forgotten Casualties of War,” Truthdig, October 19, 2016.
- Tran Truong, book review essay, “Not a Choice, Not a Job: Exposing the Myths about Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade,” Journal of International Women’s Studies 17, no. 4 (2016): 283–291.
- “Prostitution: Not a job, not a choice” – a talk by Janice Raymond
- Ane Mathieson, book review, “Not a Choice, Not a Job: Exposing the Myths about Prostitution and the Global Sex Trade,” Journal of Interdisciplinary Feminist Thought (Summer 2014).
- Clare Nolan, book review, “Book Unmasks Global Sexual Exploitation,” National Catholic Reporter, Dec. 31, 2014.